For their outstanding performances in week four, Penn State running back Saquon Barkley and Stanford running back Bryce Love were selected by the 17-person committee.
Big Ten Player of the Week
Saquon Barkley, Penn State
Jr., RB, Coplay, Pa.
- Broke the Penn State record for all-purpose yards in a game with 358 yards (211 rushing, 94 receiving, 53 return) in a 21-19 win over Iowa
- Added a career-highs in receptions (12) and rushing yards (211), and scored a touchdown
- Surpassed 3,000 rushing yards and 4,000 all-purpose yards for his career, seventh and sixth at PSU, respectively
- Marks his second Rose Bowl Game Player of the Week award this year and third overall
Pac-12 Player of the Week
Bryce Love, Stanford
Jr., RB, Wake Forest, N.C.
- Ran for a career-high 263 yards in a 58-34 win over UCLA
- Scored a touchdown on a 69-yard run, his longest run of the night
- Leads the Pac-12 in rushing by more than 200 yards, averaging 196.8 yards per game
- This is Love’s first Rose Bowl Game Player of the Week honor
Big Ten: Morgan Ellison, Indiana; Akrum Wadley, Iowa; Chris Evans, Michigan; J.T. Barrett, Ohio State.
Pac-12: Nkeal Harris, Arizona State; Manny Wilkins, Arizona State; Myles Gaskin, Washington; Luke Falk, Washington State.
Week 1: Saquon Barkley, Penn State; Josh Rosen, UCLA. Week 2: Shannon Brooks, Minnesota; Josh Rosen, UCLA. Week 3: Alex Hornibrook, Wisconsin; Deontay Burnett, USC.