Come join the community of enthusiastic volunteers who help to produce the Rose Parade, Rose Bowl Game and other Tournament of Roses events!
Tournament of Roses volunteer members have the opportunity to collaborate with other team members in the hands-on planning and execution of many events celebrating the New Year. It’s fun, it’s exciting, it’s a great way to meet new people and give back to the community.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERSHIP
- Be between the ages of 21 and 70 as of January 19, 2023.
- Live or work within 25 miles of Pasadena City Hall (100 Garfield Ave., Pasadena 91101).
- Be able to purchase a white suit.
- Pay annual dues of $55 -$75 depending on member level.
- Be available to volunteer EACH year on and around January 1
- Be available to attend committee meetings throughout the year.
- A successful completion of a background check will be required.
Come be part of America’s New Year Celebration, seen around the world every year. Our 935 amazing volunteer members will tell you – we don’t give up our New Year’s – we make it happen!
VOLUNTEER MEMBERSHIP OPEN HOUSE
To become a Volunteer Member of the Pasadena Tournament of Roses Association, we invite you to a Volunteer Membership Open House. Here you will learn about being a part of America’s New Year Celebration and being a part of the long-standing Pasadena tradition. As our guest, you will learn the insights on being a Volunteer Member for the Tournament of Roses, and you will learn about our organization that impacts our communities around the world, spreading hope and joy on New Years Day.
Join us for one of the open houses at the historic Wrigley Mansion.
Thursday, March 30, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
COLLEGE VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
The College Volunteer program is designed to provide a mutually beneficial experience between the Tournament of Roses Association and college students within the Pasadena and Los Angeles communities. Volunteers will be assigned to various operating committees to help bring the magic of America’s New Year Celebration to the world. Operating committees vary from parade operations, float construction, float decoration and more!
- Place of residence, employment, or college must be within 25 miles of Pasadena City Hall (100 N. Garfield Ave Pasadena CA 91101)
- Minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Minimum enrollment of 6 units.
- One letter of reference attesting to the applicant’s character, dependability, enthusiasm, and commitment to community service. Reference may be from a teacher, club advisor or community organization. In lieu of a recommendation a unofficial transcript may be submitted.
- Minimum 18 years of age as of application due date.
- Volunteer an estimated 20-40 hours
- Be available in October, November & December
- Availability for volunteer duties from December 27th, through January 5, 2024 including New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day (specific dates subject to committee assignment).
Applications are now closed.
2018-2019 Tournament of Roses College Volunteers