Throughout the 2017 college football season, the Tournament of Roses and the Rose Bowl Game Football Committee will select players from each partner conference as the Big Ten and Pac-12 Player of the Week.
For their outstanding performances in week ten, Iowa quarterback Nate Stanley and Washington wide receiver Dante Pettis were selected by the 17-person committee.
Big Ten Player of the Week
Nate Stanley, Iowa
So., QB, Menomonie, Wis.
- Led the Hawkeyes to a 55-24 victory over No. 6 Ohio State
- Completed 20 of 31 passes for 226 yards and five touchdowns
- He is one of two Hawkeyes in program history to throw five touchdowns in a single game twice
- This is Stanley’s first Player of the Week honor and is the first Iowa player to win the award this year
Pac-12 Player of the Week
Dante Pettis, Washington
Sr., WR, San Clemente, Calif.
- Set the NCAA career record for punt return touchdowns with his ninth in a 38-3 win over Oregon
- Tied the Pac-12 record with four punt return TDs in one season and set the Pac-12 record for career punt return yards
- Caught four passes for 87 yards and another touchdown in the win
- This is Pettis’ first Player of the Week honor this year and second of his career (Week 10, 2016)
Big Ten: Chris Evans, Michigan; Karan Higdon, Michigan; Felton Davis III, Michigan State; Justin Jackson, Northwestern; Ja’Whaun Bentley, Purdue; Gus Edwards, Rutgers; Alec Ingold, Wisconsin.
Pac-12: Manny Wilkins, Arizona State; Patrick Laird, California; Tyler Huntley, Utah; Ronald Jones II, USC; Luke Falk, Washington State.
Week 1: Saquon Barkley, Penn State; Josh Rosen, UCLA. Week 2: Shannon Brooks, Minnesota; Josh Rosen, UCLA. Week 3: Alex Hornibrook, Wisconsin; Deontay Burnett, USC. Week 4: Saquon Barkley, Penn State; Bryce Love, Stanford. Week 5: D’Cota Dixon, Wisconsin; Bryce Love, Stanford. Week 6: David Dowell, Michigan State; Khalil Tate, Arizona. Week 7: J.T. Barrett, Ohio State; Jordan Kunaszyk, California. Week 8: Trace McSorley, Penn State; Luke Falk, Washington State. Week 9: J.T. Barrett, Ohio State; Khalil Tate, Arizona.