For their outstanding performances in week three, Wisconsin quarterback Alex Hornibrook and USC wide receiver Deontay Burnett were selected by the 17-person committee.
Big Ten Player of the Week
Alex Hornibrook, Wisconsin
So., QB, West Chester, Pa.
- Set the school-record for completion percentage (18/19, 94.7%) in the Badgers 40-6 win over BYU
- Also set career-highs with 256 passing yards and four touchdown passes
- Posted a career-best 277.4 pass efficiency rating, the second-highest mark in Wisconsin history
- Marks the second career Rose Bowl Game Player of the Week award for Hornibrook (Week 4, 2016)
Pac-12 Player of the Week
Deontay Burnett, USC
Jr., WR, Compton, Calif.
- Caught two touchdowns, including one in the first overtime, of a 27-24 double overtime win against Texas
- Totaled eight catches for 123 yards on the night to lead USC
- Has recorded 100 or more receiving yards in all three games this season
- This is Burnett’s first Rose Bowl Game Player of the Week honor
Big Ten: Kobe McCrary, Minnesota; Clayton Thorson, Northwestern; J.K. Dobbins, Ohio State; Trace McSorley, Penn State; Johnathon Lewis, Rutgers.
Pac-12: Brandon Dawkins, Arizona; Steven Montez, Colorado; Royce Freeman, Oregon; Bryce Love, Stanford; Darren Carrington II, Utah; Dante Pettis, Washington; Luke Falk, Washington State.
Week 1: Saquon Barkley, Penn State; Josh Rosen, UCLA. Week 2: Shannon Brooks, Minnesota; Josh Rosen, UCLA.