Throughout the 2017 college football season, the Tournament of Roses and the Rose Bowl Game Football Committee will select players from each partner conference as the Big Ten and Pac-12 Player of the Week.
For their outstanding performances in week 12, Wisconsin linebacker T.J. Edwards and USC running back Ronald Jones were selected by the 17-person committee.
Big Ten Player of the Week
T.J. Edwards, Wisconsin
Jr., LB, Lake Villa, Ill.
- Tallied a team- and season-high 11 tackles in a 24-10 win over Michigan
- Recorded a career-high 2.5 tackles for loss and added a sack
- Broke up a pass and had a quarterback hurry as the Badgers held Michigan to 234 total yards
- This is Edwards first Player of the Week honor and the third for Wisconsin this season (Hornibrook – Week 3; Dixon – Week 5)
Pac-12 Player of the Week
Ronald Jones II, USC
Jr., RB, McKinney, Texas
- Ran 122 yards and a pair of scores in the 28-23 win over UCLA
- Tallied his 13th career 100-yard rushing game and seventh this season
- Moved up to sixth on USC’s all-time rushing list (3,415 yards), eight yards behind fifth-place This is Jones’ first Player of the Week honor and the second for USC this season (Burnet
t, Week 3)
Big Ten: Morgan Ellison, Indiana; LJ Scott, Michigan State; Nate Hall, Northwestern; Saquon Barkley, Penn State; Elijah Sindelar, Purdue; J.T. Barrett, Ohio State.
Pac-12: Demario Richard, Arizona State; Patrick Laird, California; Royce Freeman, Oregon; Bryce Love, Stanford; Jordan Lasley, UCLA; Myles Gaskin, Washington.
Week 1: Saquon Barkley, Penn State; Josh Rosen, UCLA. Week 2: Shannon Brooks, Minnesota; Josh Rosen, UCLA. Week 3: Alex Hornibrook, Wisconsin; Deontay Burnett, USC. Week 4: Saquon Barkley, Penn State; Bryce Love, Stanford. Week 5: D’Cota Dixon, Wisconsin; Bryce Love, Stanford. Week 6: David Dowell, Michigan State; Khalil Tate, Arizona. Week 7: J.T. Barrett, Ohio State; Jordan Kunaszyk, California. Week 8: Trace McSorley, Penn State; Luke Falk, Washington State. Week 9: J.T. Barrett, Ohio State; Khalil Tate, Arizona. Week 10: Nate Stanley, Iowa; Dante Pettis, Washington. Week 11: Mike Weber, Ohio State; Hercules Mata’afa, Washington State.