For their outstanding performances in week six, Michigan State safety David Dowell and Arizona quarterback Khalil Tate were selected by the 17-person committee.
Big Ten Player of the Week
David Dowell, Michigan State
So., S, North Ridgeville, Ohio
- Intercepted two passes and recovered a fumble in a 14-10 win over in-state rival No. 7 Michigan
- Tallied a career-high seven tackles and added a pass break-up
- Totaled 35 interception return yards with returns of 17- and 18-yards on his interceptions
- It is Dowell’s first Rose Bowl Game Player of the Week award and first for Michigan State this season
Pac-12 Player of the Week
Khalil Tate, Arizona
So., QB, Inglewood, Calif.
- Rushed for 327 yards, an NCAA record for yards rushing by a quarterback, in a 45-42 win over Colorado
- Completed 12-of-13 passes for 154 yards and five total touchdowns (one passing, four rushing)
- Had touchdown runs of 58, 28, 47 and 75 yards, and averaged 23.4 yards per carry
- This is Tate’s first Rose Bowl Game Player of the Week award and the first for Arizona this season
Big Ten: Taysir Mack, Indiana; Akrum Wadley, Iowa; J.T. Barrett, Ohio State; Shaka Toney, Penn State; Elijah Sindelar, Purdue; Jonathon Taylor, Wisconsin.
Pac-12: Phillip Linday, Colorado; Bryce Love, Stanford; Sam Darnold, USC; Hunter Bryant, Washington; Luke Falk, Washington State.
Week 1: Saquon Barkley, Penn State; Josh Rosen, UCLA. Week 2: Shannon Brooks, Minnesota; Josh Rosen, UCLA. Week 3: Alex Hornibrook, Wisconsin; Deontay Burnett, USC. Week 4: Saquon Barkley, Penn State; Bryce Love, Stanford. Week 5: D’Cota Dixon, Wisconsin; Bryce Love, Stanford.