Throughout the 2017 college football season, the Tournament of Roses and the Rose Bowl Game Football Committee will select players from each partner conference as the Big Ten and Pac-12 Player of the Week.
For their outstanding performances in week nine, Ohio State quarterback J.T. Barrett and Arizona quarterback Khalil Tate were selected by the 17-person committee.
Big Ten Player of the Week
J.T. Barrett, Ohio State
Sr., QB, Wichita Falls, Texas
- Helped Ohio State overcome a 15-point deficit in the final 5:42 to beat Penn State, 39-38
- Completed 33 of 39 passes for 328 yards and four touchdowns, including completing his final 16 passes of the game
- Added 95 yards on the ground for an Ohio State school-record 423 yards of total offense
- This is Barrett’s second Player of the Week honor this year and third of his career (2016, Week 3; 2017, Week 7)
Pac-12 Player of the Week
Khalil Tate, Arizona
So., QB, Inglewood, Calif.
- Had a career-high 275 passing yards and 146 yards on the ground in a 58-37 win over Washington State
- Has now rushed for 100 yards or more in all four starts this season, leading Arizona to four straight wins
- Scored a touchdown on the ground and threw for a pair of touchdowns through the air
- This is Tate’s second Player of the Week honor this year and second of his career (Week 6)
Big Ten: Josey Jewell, Iowa; Darnell Savage, Jr., Maryland; Karan Higdon, Michigan; Cody White, Michigan State; Tanner Lee, Nebraska; Clayton Thorson, Northwestern; Alec James, Wisconsin.
Pac-12: Steven Montez, Colorado; Royce Freeman, Oregon; Harrison Phillips, Stanford; Ronald Jones, USC; Lavon Coleman, Washington
Week 1: Saquon Barkley, Penn State; Josh Rosen, UCLA. Week 2: Shannon Brooks, Minnesota; Josh Rosen, UCLA. Week 3: Alex Hornibrook, Wisconsin; Deontay Burnett, USC. Week 4: Saquon Barkley, Penn State; Bryce Love, Stanford. Week 5: D’Cota Dixon, Wisconsin; Bryce Love, Stanford. Week 6: David Dowell, Michigan State; Khalil Tate, Arizona. Week 7: J.T. Barrett, Ohio State; Jordan Kunaszyk, California. Week 8: Trace McSorley, Penn State; Luke Falk, Washington State.