Throughout the 2018 college football season, the Tournament of Roses and the Rose Bowl Game Football Committee will select players from each partner conference as the Big Ten and Pac-12 Player of the Week.
For their outstanding performances in week eight, Purdue wide receiver Rondale Moore and Washington State quarterback Gardner Minshew II were selected by the 15-person committee.
.@BoilerFootball WR Rondale Moore set career highs with 12 catches and 170 yards, scored two touchdowns, and tallied 252 all-purpose yards.— Rose Bowl Game (@rosebowlgame) October 22, 2018
He's the #RoseBowl @B1Gfootball Player of the Week! pic.twitter.com/7nsRsi1IKz
Big Ten Player of the Week
Fr., WR, New Albany, Ind.
- Set career-highs with 12 catches for 170 receiving yards and two touchdowns in a 49-20 win over Ohio State
- Tallied 252 yards of total offense, his highest total this season
- Marked his fifth game this season with more than 100 receiving yards and third game with double-digit receptions
- This is Moore’s second Rose Bowl Game Player of the Week honor this year (Week 1)
Pac-12 Player of the Week
Gardner Minshew II, Washington State
Sr., QB, Brandon, Miss.
- Threw for 323 yards and four touchdowns in a 34-20 win over Oregon
- Recorded his seventh consecutive 300-yard passing game
- Has tallied 23 touchdowns passes this season compared to just six interceptions
- This is Minshew’s second Rose Bowl Game Pac-12 Player of the Week honor this year (Week 6)
Big Ten: Ivory Kelly-Martin, Iowa; Michigan Defense; Adrian Martinez, Nebraska; Isaiah Bowser, Northwestern; Trace McSorley, Penn State; Taiwan Deal, Wisconsin
Pac-12: Patrick Laird, California; J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, Stanford; Joshua Kelley, UCLA; Tyler Huntley, Utah; Ben Burr-Kirven, Washington
Week 1: Rondale Moore, Purdue; JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Stanford
Week 2: Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin; Chase Hansen, Utah
Week 3: David Blough, Purdue; Khalil Tate, Arizona
Week 4: Miles Sanders, Penn State; Ben Burr-Kirven, Washington
Week 5: Trace McSorley, Penn State; Eno Benjamin, Arizona State
Week 6: Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin; Gardner Minshew II, Washington State
Week 7: Clayton Thorson, Northwestern; Joshua Kelley, UCLA