Throughout the 2018 college football season, the Tournament of Roses and the Rose Bowl Game Football Committee will select players from each partner conference as the Big Ten and Pac-12 Player of the Week.
For their outstanding performances in week seven, Northwestern quarterback Clayton Thorson and UCLA running back Joshua Kelley were selected by the 15-person committee.
Big Ten Player of the Week
Clayton Thorson, Northwestern
Sr., QB, Wheaton, Ill.
- Finished with 41 completions on 64 attempts for 455 passing yards, all career highs, in a 34-31 win over Nebraska
- Tallied three touchdown passes, giving him 52 for his career, tied for 12th among active FBS quarterbacks
- Completed passes to 12 different players in the win, marking the most in his career
- This is Thorson’s first Rose Bowl Game Player of the Week honor and the first for Northwestern this year
Pac-12 Player of the Week
Joshua Kelley, UCLA
Jr., RB, Lancaster, Calif.
- Ran for a career high 157 yards on 30 carries in a 37-7 win over Cal
- Scored three rushing touchdowns, which also marked a career high
- Became the first Bruin since 2013 to rush for 100 yards in three straight games
- This is Kelley’s first Rose Bowl Game Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and the first for UCLA this year
Big Ten:Nate Stanley, Iowa; Ty Johnson, Maryland; Shea Patterson, Michigan; Felton Davis, Michigan State; KJ Hill, Ohio State; David Blough, Purdue.
Pac-12: CJ Verdell, Oregon; Tyler Huntley, Utah; Michael Pittman, Jr., USC.
Week 1: Rondale Moore, Purdue; JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Stanford
Week 2: Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin; Chase Hansen, Utah
Week 3: David Blough, Purdue; Khalil Tate, Arizona
Week 4: Miles Sanders, Penn State; Ben Burr-Kirven, Washington
Week 5: Trace McSorley, Penn State; Eno Benjamin, Arizona State
Week 6: Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin; Gardner Minshew II, Washington State