Throughout the 2018 college football season, the Tournament of Roses and the Rose Bowl Game Football Committee will select players from each partner conference as the Big Ten and Pac-12 Player of the Week.
For their outstanding performances in week two, Wisconsin running back Jonathan Taylor and Utah linebacker Chase Hansen were selected by the 15-person committee.
Big Ten Player of the Week
Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin
So., RB, Salem, N.J.
- Set career-highs in carries (33) and yards (253) in a 45-14 win over New Mexico
- Added 3 rushing touchdowns to match a career-high
- Topped the 100-yard mark for the 12th time in his 16-game collegiate career, 200-yard mark for the 4th time
- This is Taylor’s first Rose Bowl Game Player of the Week honor and first for Wisconsin since D’Cota Dixon won week 5 last season
Pac-12 Player of the Week
Chase Hansen, Utah
Sr., LB, Highland, Utah
- Recorded his second career interception return for a touchdown in the final minutes as Utah defeated NIU, 17-6
- Tallied a team-high 2.5 tackles for loss and 2 sacks to go with 12 tackles and a fumble recovery
- It marked Hansen’s third career game with 10-plus tackles
- This is Hansen’s first Rose Bowl Game Player of the Week honor and first for Utah since Joe Williams won week 8 in the 2016 season
Big Ten: Stevie Scott, Indiana; Tayon Fleet-Davis, Maryland; Karan Higdon, Michigan; Cody White, Michigan State; Adrian Martinez, Nebraska; Dwayne Haskins, Ohio State; KJ Hamler, Penn State.
Pac-12: Manny Wilkins, Arizona State; Kanawai Noa, California; Laviska Shenault Jr., Colorado; Justin Herbert, Oregon; Jermar Jefferson, Oregon State; Ty Jones, Washington; Gardner Minshew, Washington State.
Week 1: Rondale Moore, Purdue; JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Stanford.