Throughout the 2017 college football season, the Tournament of Roses and the Rose Bowl Game Football Committee will select players from each partner conference as the Big Ten and Pac-12 Player of the Week.
For their outstanding performances in week five, Wisconsin safety D’Cota Dixon and Stanford running back Bryce Love were selected by the 17-person committee.
Big Ten Player of the Week
D’Cota Dixon, Wisconsin
Jr., S, Oak Hill, Fla.
- Recorded a career- and team-high 12 tackles in the Badgers 33-24 win over Northwestern
- Added 1.5 sacks and 1.5 tackles for loss, including a sack for a safety to seal the win with 58 seconds left
- Leads the Wisconsin defense with 27 total tackles and 19 solo tackles this season
- This is the first Rose Bowl Game Player of the Week honor for Dixon and the second for Wisconsin this season
Pac-12 Player of the Week
Bryce Love, Stanford
Jr., RB, Wake Forest, N.C.
- Ran for a career-high and school-record 301 rushing yards in a 34-24 win over Arizona State
- Tallied three touchdowns, all of which were over 40 yards (61, 43, 59)
- Has accumulated 1,088 rushing yards through five games, more than 109 FBS schools have this season
- Love joins UCLA’s Josh Rosen as the only players to earn consecutive Rose Bowl Game Player of the Week honors
Big Ten: Ty Johnson, Maryland; Felton Davis III, Michigan State; Tanner Lee, Nebraska; J.T. Barrett, Ohio State; DaeSean Hamilton, Penn State.
Pac-12: Kani Benoit, Oregon; Jordan Lasley, UCLA; Dante Pettis, Washington; Jamal Morrow, Washington State
Week 1: Saquon Barkley, Penn State; Josh Rosen, UCLA. Week 2: Shannon Brooks, Minnesota; Josh Rosen, UCLA. Week 3: Alex Hornibrook, Wisconsin; Deontay Burnett, USC. Week 4: D’Cota Dixon, Wisconsin; Bryce Love, Stanford.