PASADENA, Calif. (March 18, 2021) – The Pasadena Tournament of Roses® is pleased to announce the 20 bands that will march in the Rose Parade® on January 1, 2022. The 2022 parade will feature participants originally slated for the 2021 parade. Bands have kicked off their fundraising activities and continue to receive community support for their trip to the 133rd Rose Parade presented by Honda, themed “Dream. Believe. Achieve.”
The bands will travel to Pasadena from across the United States and around the world, including Italy, Japan, Panama and Sweden. Thousands of performers will enjoy the experience of a lifetime when they march down Colorado Blvd. on New Year’s Day, each with their own unique story. The 2022 Rose Parade will host eight new bands and several bands that have been parade mainstays for decades.
For more details on the bands, click HERE.
Bands are selected by volunteer members of the Tournament of Roses based on a variety of criteria including musicianship, marching ability and entertainment or special interest value.
Two bands will be added to the lineup when the universities participating in the 108th Rose Bowl Game® are determined in December.
The bands participating are listed below, alphabetically:
- Arcadia High School Apache Marching Band (Arcadia, California)
- Banda de Musica La Primavera (Santiago, Panama)
- Bands of America Honor Band (United States)
- The Pride of Broken Arrow (Broken Arrow, Ok)
- Downingtown Blue and Gold Marching Band (Downingtown, PA)
- Georgia State University Panther Band (Atlanta, GA)
- Gibson County Mass Band (Dyer, TN)
- Hebron Marching Band (Carrollton, TX)
- Homewood High School Patriot Band (Homewood, AL)
- Los Angeles Unified School District – All District High School Honor Band (Los Angeles, CA)
- Mira Mesa High School “Sapphire Sound” Marching Band and Color Guard (Mira Mesa, CA)
- O’Fallon Township High School Marching Panthers (O’Fallon, IL)
- Pasadena City College Tournament of Roses Honor Band (Pasadena, CA)
- Pasadena City College Tournament of Roses Herald Trumpets (Pasadena, CA)
- The Salvation Army Tournament of Roses Band (Los Angeles, CA)
- St. Ursula Eichi Sendai Honor Band (Sendai, Miyagi, Japan)
- Tennessee State University Aristocrat of Bands (Nashville, TN)
- Triuggio Marching Band (Triuggio, Italy)
- United States Marine Corps West Coast Composite Band – MCAS Miramar (MCRD San Diego and Camp Pendleton, CA)
- Waukee Warrior Regiment (Waukee, IA)