For their outstanding performances in week eight, Penn State quarterback Trace McSorley and Washington State quarterback Luke Falk were selected by the 17-person committee.
Big Ten Player of the Week
Trace McSorley, Penn State
Jr., QB, Ashburn, Va.
- Was responsible for four touchdowns (three rushing, one passing) in Penn State’s 42-13 win over Michigan
- With 358 yards of total offense, McSorley became the fifth Nittany Lion with 6,000 career yards of total offense
- Has thrown a touchdown pass in 22 consecutive games, dating to the 2016 TaxSlayer Bowl, a Penn State record
- This is McSorley’s first Rose Bowl Game Player of the Week honor this year and second of his career (2016, Week 13)
Pac-12 Player of the Week
Luke Falk, Washington State
Sr., QB, Logan, Utah
- Threw for three touchdowns as Washington State beat Colorado 28-0 on a rainy and windy night
- Passed for 197 yards, upping his career total to 13,376, needs 225 passing yards to break the Pac-12 record
- Broke the Pac-12 career records for total offense (13,041 yards) and pass attempts (1,860)
- This is Falk’s first Rose Bowl Game Player of the Week honor this year and third of his career (2016, Week 1, Week 9)
Big Ten: Joe Bachie, Michigan State; Kobe McCrary, Minnesota; Clayton Thorson, Northwestern; Gus Edwards, Rutgers; Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin.
Pac-12: Khalil Tate, Arizona; Jay Jay Wilson, Arizona State; Bolu Olorunfunmi, UCLA; Deontay Burnett, USC.
Week 1: Saquon Barkley, Penn State; Josh Rosen, UCLA. Week 2: Shannon Brooks, Minnesota; Josh Rosen, UCLA. Week 3: Alex Hornibrook, Wisconsin; Deontay Burnett, USC. Week 4: Saquon Barkley, Penn State; Bryce Love, Stanford. Week 5: D’Cota Dixon, Wisconsin; Bryce Love, Stanford. Week 6: David Dowell, Michigan State; Khalil Tate, Arizona. Week 7: J.T. Barrett, Ohio State; Jordan Kunaszyk, California.