IT’S EASY TO PARTICIPATE
Imagine what your float could be about or look like.
Gather materials from around your house – newspaper, construction paper, leaves from your yard – whatever can help bring your float to life (even some of your dolls or action figures).
Build your float – anyone in your home can help!
Record a video of your float – show us what you’ve got, either in motion or standing still. We want to see it all and the special parts up close. Also, tell us a little about your float – the theme, what inspired it, what you used to make it an anything else you want to highlight!
Email us your video – Send your video to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 11.
Tune in – We’ll compile them and premiere them via Facebook Live at www.facebook.com/roseparade on Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 1PM PST.
- Get creative, have fun! Your float can be an original design or inspired by a float from a past Rose Parade. Please let us know in your email if it’s the latter.
- While you can use remote control cars or other electronics to pull your float, or as the base of your float, the float itself should be fully decorated, in the spirit of the Rose Parade, using items from your home or yard.
- Size: Floats should be at least 1 foot long and 1 foot tall (no maximum size).
- Video: Must be submitted in a .MOV or .MP4 format with a length of no more than 1.5 minutes.
- Email submissions to email@example.com as an attachment or downloadable link. Within your email, please include the name of your float, your float building team (this can be the first or first and last names of your team members or your family name – however you’d to be recognized during the parade)
- Submission Deadline – 5 p.m. PST on Monday, May 11
- The Tournament of Roses reserves the right to edit videos as needed. We also reserve the right to exclude any floats that do not meet our guidelines, that feature content not aligned with our mission or due to length limitations.
- Your submission grants the Tournament of Roses permission to use your footage on any platform.