Open January 1 and 2, Post Parade: A Showcase of Floats features a 2-mile showcase of Rose Parade floats following their appearance along the parade route. Each year, nearly 70,000 visitors head to Sierra Madre and Washington Boulevards in Pasadena for the chance to walk within a few feet of the floats and appreciate up close, the creativity and detail of each magnificent display. Participating float exhibitors can engage with event attendees in this event’s family-friendly, celebratory environment.
- Please note that Post Parade utilizes a clear bag policy for security purposes
- To expedite through security, clear bags are strongly recommended.
- All strollers, backpacks, purses, bags, etc. are subject to search prior to entry into the Post Parade venue.
- Skateboards, roller skates, bicycles, tricycles, Segways and wagons are not permitted. Please note that use of a stroller is difficult due to terrain.
- No animals, except service animals, are permitted within the venue.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes as there are no trams and seating is limited. Viewing all the floats will require walking a distance of approximately 2.5 miles and will take at least two hours. The venue is often crowded and you will be walking and viewing at a leisurely pace.
- At the gate entrances, pick up a brochure with a map of the Post Parade venue layout. The brochure is also available at all Park-N-Ride locations.
- Remember to stay hydrated, particularly if the day is hot. Water is available free-of-charge at three locations within the venue.
- There are a limited number of food vendors at the venue. Visitors are welcome to bring small quantities of food and non-alcoholic drinks into the venue. (No coolers, please).
- Before you begin viewing the floats, decide where you and others in your party will meet in case you are inadvertently separated and cannot communicate via cell phone. One option is to meet near the Guest Services tent at the intersection of Sierra Madre and Washington boulevards.
- There will be ATMs inside the venue.
- Please deposit your recyclable items in the marked bins.
- American Sign Language interpreters will be available for hearing impaired guests. Please inquire at entry gates or follow signs at the venue for details.