Following the Rose Parade, walk within feet of the floral and animated masterpieces parked along Sierra Madre and Washington boulevards. Come rain or shine, take a closer look at the design and workmanship that went into each float entry and learn more about the float process from Tournament volunteers—“White Suiters”—on hand. Comfortable walking shoes and early arrival are suggested. No pets or bikes allowed.
January 1, 2020: 1:00 PM–5:00 PM (last entry at 4:00 PM)
January 2, 2020: 9:00 AM–5:00 PM (last entry at 4:00 PM; senior citizens and disabled visitors welcome 7:00–9:00 AM)
Advance tickets are through Sharp Seating Company. General admission tickets are $15 per person (free for children 5 and under). Ticket sales end 2:30 PM – 3:00 PM daily.
LOCATION & PARKING
Parking near Post Parade is extremely limited. Free shuttle service is available and strongly recommended. Shuttle service will be available from two locations in Pasadena. Guests using shuttles will also enter the event through a priority line.
FREE SHUTTLE LOCATIONS & HOURS OF OPERATIONS:
Free parking available at Pasadena City College (1570 E. Colorado Blvd. – enter off Del Mar Boulevard or Bonnie near corner of Hill Avenue). Shuttles run from 12:30 PM – 2:30 PM with final departure from Pasadena City College at 2:30 PM.
Free parking available at Pasadena City College (1570 E. Colorado Blvd. – enter off Del Mar Boulevard or Bonnie near corner of Hill Avenue). Shuttles run from 6:30 AM – 2:30 PM with final departure from Pasadena City College at 2:30 PM.
Free parking is also available at Rose Bowl Stadium Lot B. Shuttles run from 6:30 AM – 2:30 PM with final departure from the Rose Bowl at 2:30 PM.
*shuttles depart approximately every 5 minutes*
Entrances to Post Parade can be accessed at the corners of Sierra Madre Blvd. & Sierra Madre Villa (East Gate), Sierra Madre Blvd. & Paloma Ave. (West Gate) and Washington Blvd. & Woodlyn Ave. (North Gate) in Pasadena, California.
Ticket sales at Park-N-Ride location end at 2:30 PM Advance tickets are also available through Sharp Seating Company.
ADA ACCESSIBLE PARKING:
Victory Park Recreation Center: 2575 Paloma St. (enter on Paloma Street from N. Altadena Drive)
MTA/GOLD LINE SHUTTLE SERVICE:
The MTA offers shuttle service from the Sierra Madre Villa Gold Line Station on January 1 to the Post Parade venue 12:30–3:00 PM. Shuttle service from the Post Parade area back to the Sierra Madre Villa Station will continue until 5:30 PM. On January 2, shuttle service from the station to Post Parade Park will begin at 7:00 AM and end at 3:00 PM. Service from the Post Parade venue back to Sierra Madre Villa Station will continue until 5:30 PM.
During the hours of operation, the shuttle buses will pick up every five to ten minutes from the station. The cost to ride is a regular fare plus a transfer. For additional information on the Metro transportation services, visit metro.net.
DROP-OFF, TAXIS, AND RIDESHARE (UBER/LYFT) SERVICES into the Pasadena area may be additional options for your consideration.
- To expedite through security, clear bags are strongly reccommended.
- All strollers, backpacks, purses, bags, etc. are subject to search prior to entry into the Post Parade venue.
- Skateboards, roller skates, bicycles, tricycles, Segways and wagons are not permitted. Please note that use of a stroller is difficult due to terrain.
- No animals, except service animals, are permitted within the venue.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes as there are no trams and seating is limited. Viewing all the floats will require walking a distance of approximately 2.5 miles and will take at least two hours. The venue is often crowded and you will be walking and viewing at a leisurely pace.
- At the gate entrances, pick up a brochure with a map of the Post Parade venue layout. The brochure is also available at all Park-N-Ride locations.
- Remember to stay hydrated, particularly if the day is hot. Water is available free-of-charge at three locations within the venue.
- There are a limited number of food vendors at the venue. Visitors are welcome to bring small quantities of food and non-alcoholic drinks into the venue. (No coolers, please).
- Before you begin viewing the floats, decide where you and others in your party will meet in case you are inadvertently separated and cannot communicate via cell phone. One option is to meet near the Guest Services tent at the intersection of Sierra Madre and Washington boulevards.
- There will be ATMs inside the venue.
- Please deposit your recyclable items in the marked bins.
- American Sign Language interpreters will be available for hearing impaired guests. Please inquire at entry gates or follow signs at the venue for details.