SUMMARY OF PURPOSE OF JOB
Manages Member Relations and the Membership Services function for the Association. Supervises the Front Office staff of the Association. Facilitates the appropriate use of Tournament House for internal and external purposes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
- Develops and maintains the member database, member website, member recognition programs, and member supplies and resources.
- Manages the front desk staff, including scheduling, training, assignment direction and coaching. Together with Senior Director, selects/hires Membership team; establishes goals and performance expectations and conducts performance evaluation.
- Initiates and collaborates on the creation and leads distribution of member communications and membership marketing materials.
- Collaborates with volunteers and staff on member events, including recruitment events, annual voting member meeting, annual all-member meeting, Kickoff events, mixers, receptions, new member and intern orientations, etc.
- Works directly with all internal and external entities requesting the use of space in Tournament House. For internal events and meetings, manages the calendar to accommodate space needs. For outside events, processes applications, collects fees and ensures that the needs of the group are met while Association policies and procedures are followed.
- Supports the Membership Development committee in the execution of all membership recruitment and retention efforts.
- Supports the volunteer leadership in the areas of promotions, committee assignments, member events, new membership initiatives and policies and other projects as necessary.
- Provides support to all volunteer committees as requested, including communications, surveys, form creation, committee webpages, resident files, extra duty and other forms of support as needed.
- Provides support to individual members – answering questions about committee assignments, policies, resources, white suits, etc.
- Develop and manage budgets in collaboration with supervisor for assigned area; provides variance reporting to senior management. Does not have unilateral spending authority.
- Assists with member related social media activities.
This position supervises the full-time and seasonal front desk staff in their duties related to the front desk.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in communications, business or related field strongly preferred plus 3-5 years progressively more responsible experience in membership services or with a volunteer organization.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (unless stated otherwise):
- Demonstrated member or customer service abilities
- Experience working with volunteers
- Sound judgment and decision making
- Management abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Planning skills
- Ability to develop and manage a budget
- Adaptable and flexible with change
- Marketing and social media knowledge and skills
- Database and/or website maintenance/management
- Problem solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- Prioritization skills
- Works effectively with deadlines
- Meeting facilitation skills
- Open to feedback
- Good collaboration and teamwork skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Good coping skills in high stress situations
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- MS Office Suite
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. No specific vision abilities are required by this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The majority of the duties of this position are performed in a typical office environment.
Interested applicants should submit resumes and inquiries to email@example.com. No phone calls please.