The Pasadena Tournament of Roses Association is a volunteer organization that hosts America’s New Year Celebration with the Rose Parade presented by Honda, the Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual, and a variety of accompanying events. The earliest Tournament of Roses welcomed 3,000 spectators to its first parade filled with orange blossom decked horse-drawn carriages. Today, the parade floats are a marvel of state-of-the-art technology, all tucked away beneath flowers and other all-natural materials. Viewers and visitors experience the beauty of the floral floats along with spirited marching bands and high-stepping equestrian units along the 5 ½ mile route down Colorado Boulevard. The Rose Parade is one of the largest televised, live entertainment events. With a viewing audience of more than 37 million individuals, the Rose Parade is carried live on New Year’s Day by ABC, NBC, Univision, Hallmark Channel, RFD-TV and KTLA 5 in Southern California. The parade is also streamed live by Funny or Die.
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE OF JOB
This position assists and supports the Director, Team and VIP Operations and others in the Game Management Office.
The position will report to the Director, Team and VIP Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General and Administrative: Prepares for meetings (invitations, room set-up, conference call information, plan and print handouts, PowerPoint) and performs clerical support, shipping and receiving, gift and apparel inventory and distribution, staff uniform inventory and distribution, updating the University Participation Manual and all team forms. Completes the NCAA Bowl Certification each year. Assists with the Staging Plans.
- Game Staff Budget: Assists the Director, Team and VIP Operations with the annual budget preparation and keeping records throughout the year. Ensures all invoices are paid and accounted for in department records. Assist with credit card account reconciliation.
- Payroll Support Management and Independent Contractor/Vendor Service Agreements: Assists with all vendor service agreements and purchase orders. Collects all required insurance forms from all vendors and independent contractors. Assists with and creates independent contractor agreements/contracts and processes through PayReel.
- Game Officials Logistics: Updates the Game Officials Guide and forms, plans and executes the game officials welcome event, travel reimbursement and payment. Manages all ticket requests (Parade, VIP Tailgate, Game), meeting set up and logistics, hotel accommodations for game officials and guests.
- Stadium Operations: Assists with office move down to stadium, assists with trailer installation and furniture delivery, updates and distributes Game Day Guide and game day timeline, assists with daily meeting agenda and handouts during bowl week. Acts as main point of contact for catering vendor for all lunches throughout bowl week. Works with stadium concessionaire on concourse layouts for the Rose Bowl Game. Responsible for deliveries and coordination of assigned vendors. Assists with golf cart deliveries and schedule. Acts as main point of contact for all rental cars, assists with VIP Drivers during bowl week, schedules pick-ups and drop offs with AVIS to stadium for VIP Drivers, Hall of Fame and Game Management staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent plus one (1) year of work experience, preferably in an office setting.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Prior event management experience preferred
- An understanding of college athletics preferred
Any inquiries and all resumes should be directed to to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries.