EXECUTIVE OFFICE COORDINATOR
The Pasadena Tournament of Roses Association is a volunteer organization that hosts America’s New Year Celebration with the Rose Parade presented by Honda, the Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual, and a variety of accompanying events. The earliest Tournament of Roses welcomed 3,000 spectators to its first parade filled with orange blossom decked horse-drawn carriages. Today, the parade floats are a marvel of state-of-the-art technology, all tucked away beneath flowers and other all-natural materials. Viewers and visitors experience the beauty of the floral floats along with spirited marching bands and high-stepping equestrian units along the 5 ½ mile route down Colorado Boulevard. The Rose Parade is one of the largest televised, live entertainment events. With a viewing audience of more than 37 million individuals, the Rose Parade is carried live on New Year’s Day by ABC, NBC, Univision, Hallmark Channel, RFD-TV and KTLA 5 in Southern California. The parade is also streamed live by Funny or Die.
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE OF JOB
Provides administrative support to a variety of executives as well as volunteer members of the Association.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fields calls in the Executive Suite for the President, Executive Director/CEO and the Director, Executive Office and Events.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for the Association President and spouse to visit band participants in the Rose Parade through TravelStore/Concur.
- Confirms itineraries, arranges ground transportation and books accommodations.
- Coordinates with President and spouse on selecting apparel for bands, Executive Committee and staff, orders and delivers all apparel to embroiderer before distribution to all groups.
- Prepares and ships gifts, posters, apparel, theme pins and flags for all participating Parade band members.
- Coordinates the communication on all band travel for the President and spouse between the Music Committee, Marketing and Communications, and Band Director prior to each band trip.
- Provides support management to the Director, Executive Office and Events on Association’s annual and internal events such as the Spouse’s Dinner, Installation Dinner, President’s Ball, Royal Court Dinner, Past President’s Brunch and all onetime events. Arrangements include: Invitation printing and distribution, RSVP maintenance, gift coordination, updating of collateral and day of support.
- Coordinates the Host Committee President’s Party through Sports Systems and updating the committee on a bi-monthly basis under the direction of the Director, Executive Office and Events.
- Coordinates all gift inventory and supports the general executive office needs of the President, Executive Director/CEO and Board of Directors.
- Coordinates all preparation of Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings as directed preparing the agenda, speakers, topics and support documents. Will occasionally be asked to record minutes at meetings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 4 years progressively more responsible experience in administrative and/or executive office functions.
- Prior experience in event planning and CRM strongly preferred.
- BA/BS Degree preferred.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (unless stated otherwise)
- Attention to detail
- Customer service orientation
- Multi-tasking skills
- Confidential and discreet
- Works effectively with deadlines
- Open to feedback
- Good collaboration and teamwork skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Adaptable and flexible with change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS Office Suite – intermediate proficiency
If interested, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.