The Tournament of Roses Association welcomes applications from all eligible candidates who are willing and able to give their time in order to promote and produce the Rose Parade and the Rose Bowl Game, as well as participate in other Tournament activities and events.
As a new member you should expect to spend about 40 hours per year on committee work, mostly during the last few weeks of each year. Before applying, please note that Tournament membership should be considered a long-term commitment. All candidates for membership will be required to complete an application, submit two letters of reference and attend an interview. If accepted as a member, you will also be required to:
- Be between the ages of 21 and 66 as of January 18, 2018
- Live or work within 15 miles of Pasadena City Hall (100 Garfield Ave., Pasadena 91101)
- Purchase a white suit and accessories
- Pay annual dues of $55-$75 depending on member level
- Be available to volunteer EACH year on and around January 1
- Be available to attend committee meetings throughout the year
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that applying will result in membership as there are more applicants than openings each year. The Association has a membership limit of 935.
2018 New Members
COLLEGE INTERN PROGRAM
The Tournament of Roses College Intern Program offers students from local area colleges the opportunity to participate alongside volunteer members on several committees supporting the Rose Parade. College Interns are required to attend committee meetings October – December and be available at New Year’s. Interns are accepted for a one year commitment and must complete the application and interview process.
Requirements for College Interns:
- Place of residence, employment, or college must be within 15 miles of Pasadena City Hall (100 Garfield Ave. Pasadena CA 91101)
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Minimum enrollment of 6 units Fall 2018
- One letter of reference attesting to the applicant’s character, dependability, enthusiasm, and commitment to community service. Reference may be from a teacher, club advisor or community organization
- Minimum 18 years of age as of application due date
- Participate in an Interview (dates listed below)
- Complete this application by October 2, 2018
The application for this year’s College Intern Program is available here.
2018 College Interns