ABOUT THE 2023 ROYAL COURT
The Rose Queen and Royal Court are iconic traditions, steeped in the Pasadena Tournament of Roses’ history and we are excited to continue the treasured legacy with the 2023 Royal Court.
Members of the Royal Court experience countless benefits; becoming part of an organization dedicated to hands-on volunteerism, discovering opportunities to connect with and give back to the local community, developing public speaking skills, and growing self-confidence.
(2023 Royal Court: left to right: Michelle Cortez-Peralta, Uma Wittenberg, Adrian Crick, 2023 Rose Queen Bella Ballard, Salia Baligh, Zoë Denoncourt, Sahanna Rajinikanthan)
(2023 Royal Court bios can be viewed here)
Rose Parade Events
BENEFITS OF BEING ON THE ROYAL COURT
- Immerse yourself in an organization dedicated to hands-on volunteerism and discover opportunities to connect with and give back to your local community
- Develop your public speaking and etiquette skills, and grow your self confidence
- Receive $7,500 educational scholarship
- Make lifelong friendships, and become a role model for others
- Identify as a female, at least 17 years of age by December 31, 2023 and not more than 21 years of age before January 5, 2024
- Be a full-time resident of the Pasadena Area Community College District
- Possess at least a 2.0 grade point average in both the current and previous years’ course work
- Be available to participate, in person, in all interview sessions in the fall
- Be a senior in high school or enrolled as a full-time student (minimum 12 units) in any accredited school or college in the Pasadena Area Community College District
- Complete the official Royal Court online application
MORE ABOUT THE ROYAL COURT
Royal Court members experience countless benefits; becoming part of an organization dedicated to hands-on volunteerism, discovering opportunities to connect with and give back to the local community, developing public speaking skills, and growing self-confidence. All are encouraged to apply and participate in one of the initial interview sessions at Tournament House in early September. Participants are selected based upon a combination of qualities, including public speaking ability, youth leadership, academic achievement, and community and school involvement.
The Royal Court attends nearly 100 community and media functions, serving as ambassadors of the Tournament of Roses, the Pasadena community, and the greater Los Angeles area. The grand finale for the Royal Court is riding on the Royal Court float in the Rose Parade® presented by Honda and attending the Rose Bowl Game both on New Year’s Day.