The Pasadena Tournament of Roses, in partnership with the Mexican Consulate in Los Angeles and the Lucille & Edward R. Roybal Foundation, invites you to join our second-annual Día de los Muertos Art Competition!
To enter, you must be between the ages of 4-18. Your masterpiece can take any shape as long as it celebrates and honors Día de los Muertos traditions. Selected artwork will be displayed at the Tournament House and winners will be recognized at an outdoor reception. Winners, in three age categories, will receive cash prizes.
SUBMISSIONS DUE BY NOON ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8
WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON SATURDAY, OCTOBER 30 (details to come)
Prizes include scholarships and gift cards!
A few ideas of what you can create and submit:
- Construct an ofrenda (altar)
- Build a visual art presentation
- Create a floral arrangement
- Make and decorate a Sugar Skull
- Make a traditional Día de Muertos costume
- Write a literary calavera
- Paint a face with traditional Día de los Muertos makeup
- Create an art piece featuring marigolds and/or monarch butterflies
How to enter:
- Create your masterpiece
- Capture still images and video that represent your work
- Write a brief description of your submission
- Email your submission to email@example.com
- Include your name, school and grade and your contact information
Three (3) winners will be selected in each age group; winner, 2nd runner up and 3rd runner up. Age groups are as follows:
- Ages 4 – 8
- Ages 9 – 13
- Ages 14 – 18
By submitting a video or photo submission, you grant the Pasadena Tournament of Roses use of your entry in any promotional materials now or in the future.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!