100th ROSE BOWL GAME
E. Shor of Bonita, CA
J. Cooper of Warsaw, IN
Pasadena Tournament of Roses Association, 391 S. Orange Grove Boulevard, Pasadena, 91184, referred to herein as the “100th Rose Bowl Game.”
The 100th Rose Bowl Game will be conducting a number of contest and sweepstakes as promotions of the 100th Rose Bowl Game to be held on January 1, 2014.
The Sweepstakes begin at 12:00:01 a.m. PT on August 5, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time on January 1, 2014 (The “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries, unless noted otherwise, must be submitted and received within this time period. Any entries not received within the Sweepstakes Period will be disqualified.
HOW TO ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSSARY TO ENTER ANY SWEEPSTAKES.
For some Sweepstakes, you must also have a valid e-mail account and access to the internet in order to participate. Some Sweepstakes in the campaign require a Twitter or Facebook account.
Where noted, mail in entries may be accepted where the Sweepstakes takes place at events for which tickets are required. When a mail in entry is allowed, it must be mailed to:
100th Rose Bowl Game Sweepstakes
391 S. Orange Grove Boulevard
Pasadena, CA 91184
Copies or other mechanical reproductions, or facsimiles are not eligible and will be rejected. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant using an e-mail address, the holder of the e-mail account will be deemed the person who submitted the entry. Entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Limit one entry per person/e-mail address. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misaddressed or misdirected due to technical or computer failures, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable internet connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or deleted computer or networks transmissions, inability to access the website or online service, or any other technical error or malfunction.
Void Where Prohibited By Law.
This sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes are open only to persons who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of the specific sweepstakes. Employees, volunteers, representatives of the Sponsor, ESPN and its related television networks, and the Rose Bowl Stadium and any employees’ or volunteers’ immediate family or household members are not eligible to enter or win a contest.
PRIZE AND WINNER SELECTION
All prizes are awarded based on chance and are randomly selected. No skill is required to participate or win any portion of the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received in any given sweepstake. If a selected winner is not eligible, declines the prize, or cannot be contacted within forty-eight (48) hours of the initial notification (including, but not limited to, failure to return a phone call from the Sponsor), the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected by the Sponsor from all remaining valid entries.
Specific Sweepstakes and Related Rules
During the Sweepstakes Period, the Sponsor will promote various sweepstakes for which the general eligibility rules will be posted via the Sponsor’s Twitter account: @rosebowlgame. You may need to “follow” the Sponsor’s accounts to be eligible. These general rules supplement the rules provided for each promotion.
With regard to all sweepstakes posted on Twitter:
- You must follow all rules and regulations issued by Twitter for general use of its services.
- Entrants are not allowed to submit entries using multiple accounts. Only one entry is allowed person and all entries from the same person using multiple accounts will be declared ineligible.
- Posting duplicate, or near duplicate, updates or links is a violation of the Twitter Rules. As such, multiple entries in a single day will not be accepted.
With regard to all sweepstakes posted on Facebook:
1.Submissions may not contain any use of foul language.
2.Submissions may not contain any sexual references, drug references, or drinking references.
3.Submissions may not contain any racially-charged language or political references.
4.If applicable, photo submissions may not contain any inappropriate gesturing or signage.
- You must also follow all other rules and regulations issued by Facebook for general use of its services.
- Entrants are not allowed to submit entries using multiple accounts. Only one entry is allowed per person and all entries from the same person using multiple accounts will be declared ineligible
- Posting duplicate, or near duplicate, updates or links is a violation of the Facebook Rules. As such, multiple entries in a single day will not be accepted
8.When participating in a Facebook sweepstakes under these rules, only submissions submitted in association with the sweepstakes post will be eligible to win.
With regard to sweepstakes held at the Rose Bowl Game:
- Sponsor may hold a sweepstakes at the 100th Rose Bowl Game on January 1, 2014.
- Said sweepstakes will include the selection of one or more random seat holders for prizes which have yet to be determined. Check back here on December 15, 2013 to see if the promotion will take place and what prizes are being offered.
- To enter the sweepstakes to be held at the Rose Bowl Game if you will not be a ticketholder, you may enter by submitting a mailed entry consisting of a 3x5 card with the handwritten words “100th Rose Bowl Game” printed on it with a valid e-mail address and phone number so that a winner may be contacted. Mailed entries must comply with all other rules contained herein.
The prizes to be awarded are as follows:
- No less than ten (10) 100th Rose Bowl Game commemorative calendars. The approximate retail value of the calendar is $10.00.
- No less than ten (10) 100th Rose Bowl Game commemorative books. The approximate retail value of the book is $50.00.
- No less than five (5) commemorative personalized bricks to be installed at the Rose Bowl Stadium in approximately April of 2014. The approximate retail value of the commemorative personalized brick is $100.00.
- No less than two (2) 100th Rose Bowl Game/125th Rose Parade Experience packages including two tickets to the 100th Rose Bowl Game on January 1, 2014, two tickets to the 125th Rose Parade on January 1, 2014. The winner of the sweepstakes will receive two (2) tickets to each event. The winner will receive two (2) pre-game field passes for the 100th Rose Bowl Game entitling the winner and a guest to be on the Rose Bowl field until the beginning of the Rose Bowl Game. The winner will also receive $1,000 for travel and related expenses, which may be awarded in the form of a gift card. The Sponsor is not responsible for any travel, accommodations, local transportation, food or any other expense associated with travel to or the stay in Pasadena. The approximate retail value of these prize packages are $1,500.
All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the prize, as well as all other additional costs or expenses involved in obtaining or consuming the prize the winner. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, being provided by Sponsors. Winner will receive a Form 1099 for any prize with a value of $600 or more. Winner’s name, address and social security number must be provided prior to the award of any prize with a value of $600 or more.
Prizes not replaceable if lost, stolen, or destroyed, not transferable or redeemable for cash, and may not be substituted for another prize, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, or as provided in these rules. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for the prize.
All winners will be notified that he or she has been selected as a winner by telephone or by e-mail.
The winners of the Rose Bowl experience package will be required to present valid identification and the winner and any of his or her invitees may be required to sign a Statement of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release by the deadline established by the Sponsor in order to receive the prize. If the winner does not fulfill these requirements within the deadlines established by the Sponsor, he or she will forfeit the prize.
If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of these sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the sweepstakes or any portion of the sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THESE SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in Internet entries, including entrant’s name, address, e-mail address, etc., may be used by the Sponsor for marketing and promotional purposes.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this sweepstakes, and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize and any travel related thereto, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy.
Sponsor is not responsible for changes made to the prize being awarded, including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the Prize events, and is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.
Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of the Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with these Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions.
By participating in these sweepstakes, you also agree to have your name, photograph, voice, biographical information, and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes relating to these sweepstakes or future similar sweepstakes without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law.
For a copy of the winners with prizes valued over $100.00, send a self-addressed envelope to “100th Rose Bowl Game Sweepstakes Winners List”, 391 South Orange Grove Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91184 by January 10, 2014. The winner’s names will be available after the winner has been verified and the prizes have been awarded.